One of the most exceptional and distinctive jazz education experiences offered anywhere on the globe!”
– Paul Contos (Monterey Jazz Festival Education Director)
This exciting new camp is designed for aspiring young musicians (13+) of all skill levels looking to unleash their creativity and explore the beauty of Hawaii. Instruction includes ensembles, master classes, electives and concerts from our award winning faculty.
Quick Facts about Jazz Maui Camp 2020
- NOTICE: Virtual Jazz Camp will be re-scheduled for September
- June 22-24 (3 Day Jazz Workshop)
We are so thrilled to announce that this years formation of the Jazz Maui Camp experience will be open to everyone wanting to enhance their skills in jazz performance, theory and more! This instruction only based camp will be held between 10AM-4PM with lunch included.
- Your daily schedule will look like this:
- 10-11:30 Jazz Language (improvisation, vocabulary and theory)
- 11:30 Lunch (Included for all)
- 12:30-2:00 Ensembles
- 2:30-4:00 Special Topic (1 Each day from our stellar faculty)
- We also will have a Teacher Pedagogy Section available from 2:30-4pm with our faculty to enhance your knowledge of jazz instruction, how to develop beginner improvisers, repertoire selection and much more!
- The total cost for this amazing 3 Day Jazz Workshop is $500 which includes a $50 non-refundable deposit to guarantee your space.
- The attendee is responsible for housing and transportation. Jazz Maui is happy to provide affordable recommendations.
- Additional activities will be available for participants during the week including the grand finale Jazz Maui Festival Performance on Saturday evening.
Sample daily activities schedule coming soon!
We look forward to working with you!
Jazz Maui Camp
Meet our Faculty:
Our professional instruction includes ensembles, master classes, electives and concerts from our award winning faculty. Collectively, they have performed at numerous prestigious venues including Birdland, Monterey Jazz Festival, The Blue Note, Montreux Jazz Festival, Walt Disney Concert Hall and tours in Asia, Europe, South America.
Katie Thiroux (Bass, Vocals) “Rising Star Bassist” – Downbeat Magazine www.katiethiroux.com